Progression needs

Smerffy

Gonna put this here as I can type it all out and explain things. In my current set up, as Arcane, my dmg/dps wont go to much higher unless I can get the Lego Pants. I run out of mana to fast to be able to do much. As frost, my weapon's ilvl just isn't high enough to get close to Maz and Pika.

With all that said, I know I switched to the mage because I didn't like Ele, however, I can do more dmg as Ele currently. So for progression fights where dmg is an issue (Avatar, yes its an issue) I can bring my Shaman to help push past that. And before anyone says "what about the gear on your mage?" Avatar doesn't give me anything GROUND BREAKING. Progressing to me is more important than an item that wont do much for me.

Now, my dmg on my mage is crap, I don't care what anyone says. I am 95% of the time barely above the tanks. So trying to tell me that my dmg is fine, well, you don't have to lie to me, its shit, lets be honest here. So at least thing about what I have typed here.

Not trying to start Drama, just stating the facts and giving an option. If its decided that no, the raid team doesn't want to go this route, i'll leave it alone.

You have a good amount of gear with your 4 set and whatnot, I think you just need some practice. Pika has been playing with it a little bit and offered to give you some pointers since he has been playing mage for so long. I would rather you get better then just switch back and forth. I think you can get much more dps out of a little playstyle/ rotation improvements.

Well, with Arcane, the 4 piece is actually really bad w/o the pants. Arcane is seriously that spec that is pretty dependent on one Legendary item. W/o it, its pretty much a dead spec. I have the rotation down and I have the play style down, I just run out of mana to fast to make any of it work. Burst dmg with Arcane is very nice, but sustained dmg is absolute shit, w/o the 1 specific lego. So i'll just work on the ilvl of my staff for frost I guess.

Kevin and I looked at logs to see your rotation, abilities, and casts. Then equipped similar gear with frost legendaries on his mage. On a 3+ minute fight he was able to sustain 900k dps. It looks like you need to change one of your talents as well as do a little better during your conservation phase to line up with your cool downs. We can talk in a little bit more detail after the guild party but I think a few weakauras may help in managing some of these things.