Battlefield 4 Closing

Unholyfaith

Battlefield Players,

We've decided to discontinue our Battlefield 4 servers at this time. As a result of a decline in interest in the Battlefield series as a whole (Thanks to a crappy BF1 release by EA), lack of member interest in BF4, lack of Admin interest in BF4 and lack of financial support for BF4, we just no longer see the point in dumping money into those servers.

We are very proud of what we accomplished with BF4. On May 13th, 2015 we brought up our first servers after uRock said they were shutting down and essentially kicked us out. We were told that the community wouldn't survive and there was no way we could get things started. However, ATR Gamers always succeeds on our endeavors. Our BF4 presence was strong and for over two years our community grew thanks to the BF4 following. The game brought us many new faces and talents. It also allowed what was once mostly a WoW only group to become something much more.

I have no regrets over our history with BF4 and am certainly happy to have gained new friends like Skulls, Roombroom, Chuck, Real, Smith and OONicc. This community has so many great people and is involved with so many different games I have no doubt that ATR Gamers will continue to thrive even if older games like BF4 drop off our map.

It is our hope that any members that played primarily only BF4 look at any of the numerous other games our members play and jump on in. Our Playerunknown Battlegrounds group has been rapidly expanding. We have a fair number that play Overwatch and Minecraft. There is of course always World of Warcraft if you want to sell your soul. =D 

We are also on the lookout for new games. Destiny 2 has certainly been talked about a fair amount, and we also look at smaller more... weird games like Factorio. If you have any suggestions on other multiplayer games you'd like to see our community more involved with, speak up! If you're one of those members that disconnects from our TS to join another group's server to play a game we aren't playing, speak up! We want to know what those games are and to get more people involved with them.

To all of our members, we thank you for your continued support, friendship and shenanigans. I am certainly proud of ATR Gamers and look forward to seeing you all in one game or another soon!

HappyUnholy

Nick

To any of the BF4 members who feel intimidated about socializing and playing other games with other people don't. We have loads of members who just come in teamspeak to hangout now and we are always looking for new friends. Don't be afraid to pop into other channels and say hi you may find a great new group of folks to play with and exiting new games to try.

• Like 1

We may have left the BF4 community as a group but I doubt we will have left Battlefield all together if EA ever decides to release a BF that is community friendly and also not built around casual play. No matter what, I hope all the friends that have been made stick around with what ATR is at it's core. It's a gaming community. I'm not going anywhere.

12 hours ago, CaptShank said:

We may have left the BF4 community as a group but I doubt we will have left Battlefield all together if EA ever decides to release a BF that is community friendly and also not built around casual play. No matter what, I hope all the friends that have been made stick around with what ATR is at it's core. It's a gaming community. I'm not going anywhere.

I think for now a lot of us have been playing other games until EA fixes BF to where BF4 left off.  Whether that is updating BF1 to that point or on the next released game, we will see.  For now I'm enjoying playing PUBG and Minecraft. 

PUBG should be getting community support by full release. Until then, if you group with none atr members in any game, chat them up and get them in teamspeak to hang out with our community. No reason to stop bringing new members to us just because BF4 closed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Varibash said:

PUBG should be getting community support by full release. Until then, if you group with none atr members in any game, chat them up and get them in teamspeak to hang out with our community. No reason to stop bringing new members to us just because BF4 closed.

I think @OONicc has been doing a good job with this :D

• Like 1

yes  we have been trying to  bring in new players the only issue is if there are no admins on it takes so long to get them in  and  able to talk. would it be possible to  make like 2 of the  PUG channels that would allow for them to  join to play  and  not be  forced to  go to the site first and then is they want to  continue to play then they can register . Example we  had a guy who just wanted to play with us but it was hard for him to  come play because he had to jump thru 3 or 4 things just to be able to talk in the channel

10 minutes ago, blacklaw said:

yes  we have been trying to  bring in new players the only issue is if there are no admins on it takes so long to get them in  and  able to talk. would it be possible to  make like 2 of the  PUG channels that would allow for them to  join to play  and  not be  forced to  go to the site first and then is they want to  continue to play then they can register . Example we  had a guy who just wanted to play with us but it was hard for him to  come play because he had to jump thru 3 or 4 things just to be able to talk in the channel

There should be 3 public channels in the PUBG section where they don't need talk power.  This is a solution for now, but I know that since each channel really only "allows" 4 people per because of the squad size, there may be a requirement for more channels.  We will cross that bridge if we get to that point.  If it gets to the point where we have a lot of people joining, we may look at giving some privileges in TS to senior members.