Heroic/Mythic Nythendra

Allison

Found a very simple Weak aura string from The Misty Tea House. This is a website I use as a Monk to get custom Weak Auras and 3d visuals for my class.

infested stacks.JPG

Infested Stacks: 

dSZDgaGAcLwpksTlQc2MuPzsI0SfCtQs9ys1TrvhMk7KO2lSBr2pvf)KqQHrcJJiEMu1qPkYGPQ0WjPdsiPtri4yKY5irTqcHwQeXIPkQLl0dju8uKLHsEUOEnvHMQQMSKMUYfjuDvcrDzkxhv2ikQtRYMLY2LO(SeojjIPrK(oksmscr(lkIrlvmEjsxcfjDlQQUgk15rHrriX3Ok53em0WdYHhdugelpWYdAEOliEqvqv8GQxwSCj9DLnqUqau0koH0Zq1avef4ub503v2(4vuyrVfQgK9RPauPIU1Y2GS)(USbDvqIl7JV(9XxzgRJLQrhOSfAEs4sdKik6)fT3kvCMFqjo(pEffwmdznqmeDRLTbz)AkRauqWvXdAUGLgEq8CHD4XWaXLnMOhC5m8mOOqWWdINlSdpggi1YQZfS0WdINlSdpggOMtFNqcpiEUWo8yyGQxRD6CHXapiEUWo8yyGIoDdpiEUWo8yyyGSsvDPQvHiIbshpK1WdYPVRS9XROWIEluni7xtbix64D7es4bLNlo8GgdvdKA0Y2aPgTSnqnx1Wa1U0L7Gh0yOAGuJw2gi1OLTbQ5QgggOfVIclIhu18mxR9munqIKOwI3mlYkfuYXBz8qwdKssnlpRIbsNlpbEM05QgOD8wfduqWvXdAUGLgEq8CHD4XWavVw705cJbEq8CHD4XWaffcgEq8CHD4XWaPwwDUGLgEq8CHD4XWa1C67es4bXZf2Hhddu0PB4bXZf2Hhdddutin6yAdY9SbvVSAWXGMt3Jzq(4lOOvCcPNHQb60fsGU0nMOlWRgSzviRb6QGusQz5zvF8vuKzSowQgDIaO6LflxsFxzdKlea1IoEJw0nhKzbkXX)XROWIziRbkpNUhZEs4sdKyex(fVeqZkDIriieXdznWSxSKQPqIMxS7LOP1lPlA(z3d5EWSen2klTlljSLYszPEjPlA(z3JHbzw4b1esJoM2GCVcq1lRgCmER0bIPMbfTIti9munqZkDGC67kBF8kkSO3cvdY(1ua6s3yIUaVAWMvHSgiDHGqepK1aZsL4LuPsK2RGf7US9sRhn)S7HmlWmB2AkyjPBxfSuwHIEVyHMF2SXavVSy5s67kBGCHaiXYL31yasmIl)IxcOSfAEs4sdKyex(fVeqxfKssnlpR6JVIImJ1Xs1Ote8XxAoDpMb1IoEJw0nhK7bXuU66aMzZQxQYSzXURunTEPkKGMFPsa1esdelfkybkXX)XROWIziRbQJDfDgywsVM0(ELvUlREjsKkrbA(LkbKlD8UDcj8GYZfhEqJHQbsnAzBGuJw2gOMRAyGAx6YDWdAmunqQrlBdKA0Y2a1CvddduqWvXdAUGLgEq8CHD4XWavVw705cJbEq8CHD4XWaffcgEq8CHD4XWaPwwDUGLgEq8CHD4XWafD6gEq8CHD4XWa1C67es4bXZf2Hhddd0IxrHfXdQAEMR1EgQgirsulXBMfzLck54TmEiRbsjPMLNvXaPZLNapt6Cvd0oERIHHbQmK1KYsdda

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should have attempted mythic Nythendra last night even if our raid comp wasnt perfect and we were likely to wipe a lot.  We blazed through all of the farm content in less than a full raid night, but decided to not even attempt progression?

I feel like the decision may have been motivated by individuals who preferred to spend that time in kara rather than wiping in mythic EN.  But we had 20 there and ready to go, and we have so few raid hours a week.   We should have at least given it an hour of attempts.  As our new tank, Pinky will only learn that fight by doing it.  Disappointing. 

• Like 1

We have 2 range in our raid team that can crack the top 14 dps. With range struggling with dps, mechanics, not wanting to raid mythic, or attendance, we need to recruit more range or have our current range roster step up. Bash and I were telling everyone for months leading up to expansion that we needed people to go range and that we needed hunters.

Additionally, we had 21 people in raid on Thursday, 5 of which who were healers, and 2 dps of which had 0 mythic nythendra experience.

I was disappointed we didn't do Nythendra as well. Coming from WoD, we burned a lot of our raid team out by repeatedly pushing content with a sub-optimal group. Basically it comes down to us burning people out by wiping without making progress or burning people out by not raiding at all.

There is a certain willing suspension of disbelief that is healthy to have in a raiding environment. Some nights we do end up killing a boss with a strategy that isn't the most used or most successful with a raid composition that isn't the most ideal that may not have some of our best players.

However, even if it leads to disappointment among some, we cannot charge in every night believing the impossible will happen. In this particular instance, with a fight that makes it very easy for the melee to die in groups and hit mind control because of their required close proximity, ranged is a necessity. If the raid night starts with the composition being heavily in the melee, the chances of success plummet. Some people would be willing to spend four hours wiping to the same boss, but many people will get burned out in one night.

Like Ftfk said, we need ranged. We have needed ranged for a while. Not calling people out on this, but we have had a lot of people switch from ranged to melee this expansion so our numbers in the outfield have dwindled further. Some fights it's not a problem, other fights it's a huge problem and we cannot progress that far as a guild without a health balance of ranged/melee.

• 2 weeks later...