ATRLAN Team Building - Looking for Admins & Volunteers

Mastric

post-1-0-56445100-1439354677_thumb.png

Now that the ATR Summer Event is over it's time to start planning the ATRLAN Spring Gaming Tournament. ATR will be taking over the Exodus LAN Event in Troy, NY. I've run the Exodus LAN Event for the last two years as a fork of Exile LAN. The events pull in 70 gamers and over $6000 in prizes for the 3 day event.

More details on the 2016 ATRLAN Event will be released as we build a team, pick a date, & start to roll out the event.

Currently I'm in need of "Admins" for the event. An ATRLAN Admin would help plan the event, in either an IT or Marketing role, & be expected to assist in the LAN  for all 3 days.

Volunteers will be able to Volunteer at a later date, this role would allow a paid attendee of the event special privileged in exchange for 4/8 hours of task duty.

While we build the team, forums, and communication methods please post any ideas & suggestions in this topic. Additionally if you would like to apply to be a LAN Admin post in this topic with relative experience in IT or Event Organization.

• Like 3

Troy?!?!?!?! this is much more dooable for me only about 2-2.5 hours away from me. Give me a date and I may be able to help out, although I dont have any experience in marketing or IT hah

Troy?!?!?!?! this is much more dooable for me only about 2-2.5 hours away from me. Give me a date and I may be able to help out, although I dont have any experience in marketing or IT hah

Could use him for manual labor... power lift servers? =D

That would be the Volunteer option, you can buy a ticket and play like everyone else, but for 4/8 hours you can Volunteer and we'll get you something like a ticket discount, pizza, or a shirt, TBD stuffs

When do you need to know by?  I really want to help but really don't want to make the 7 hour drive for both cost and time reasons.  It's not far to fly but nobody seems to operate direct flights from Pittsburgh to Albany.  Does anyone know of any better travel options from Pittsburgh to Albany?

Also, are there any accommodations for those who don't live nearby or do we need to rent a hotel?

Also, are there any accommodations for those who don't live nearby or do we need to rent a hotel?

Typically, it's hosted at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Troy, NY. Hoping we can have it there again. Most get their own room, or buddy up. Past two years I've gotten the presidential suite.

When do you need to know by?  I really want to help but really don't want to make the 7 hour drive for both cost and time reasons.  It's not far to fly but nobody seems to operate direct flights from Pittsburgh to Albany.  Does anyone know of any better travel options from Pittsburgh to Albany?

Check out Bradley ( BDL ) for a flight, it's about 30-40 mins from me or on the way if times line up.

Typically, it's hosted at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Troy, NY. Hoping we can have it there again. Most get their own room, or buddy up. Past two years I've gotten the presidential suite.

Congrats on your 1000th post

Check out Bradley ( BDL ) for a flight, it's about 30-40 mins from me or on the way if times line up. 

That's an option, thanks for the suggestion.  There are direct flights from Pittsburgh to Hartford and it's a good $100 cheaper than going to Albany,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, being one of the FNGs in the group, what are the costs like for attending this?  Just curious b/c I work on a limited budget due to the disability pay and all, but would still like to be able to attend one of these in the future.  Also, if it is financially possible for me to attending, I am going to school for marketing in business and what not, so I might be able to help in that area, and could def do some volunteerness if I can afford the trip out.

So, being one of the FNGs in the group, what are the costs like for attending this?  Just curious b/c I work on a limited budget due to the disability pay and all, but would still like to be able to attend one of these in the future.  Also, if it is financially possible for me to attending, I am going to school for marketing in business and what not, so I might be able to help in that area, and could def do some volunteerness if I can afford the trip out.

Almost 100% on the prices, using the same from this year. $50 for Premium - $30 for Normal, both tickets cover all 3 days, we'll have the differences up shortly. The Hotel is $120 a night, that's normally for a 1 king or 2 queen room, can easily sleep 4 so good for sharing.

LoL tournament might be a buy in to sweeten the prize pool.

Almost 100% on the prices, using the same from this year. $50 for Premium - $30 for Normal, both tickets cover all 3 days, we'll have the differences up shortly. The Hotel is $120 a night, that's normally for a 1 king or 2 queen room, can easily sleep 4 so good for sharing.

LoL tournament might be a buy in to sweeten the prize pool.

Thanks for the numbers.  Will have to see the closer it gets for travel purposes since I'm by STL, MO, kinda bit of a drive.