8/26 rip

Luminatus

Was in a car accident today.  My baby is totaled.  Just got back from docs.  Very achey.  Will try to log on but sitting in a chair isn't comfortable.  Pic is so you know I'm not bullshitting.  RIP '94 Prelude vtec manual trans.

Can I just add that it was totaled in the least metal way possible.  Hit by an old guy in a minivan. 

post-1004-0-86955000-1409088889_thumb.jp

Sucks to hear that Lumi & from personal experience I can relate to what you're going through. I had my car totaled out the week before July 4th & am recovering from orthopedic surgery on my left leg.

Just remember that property and possessions can be replaced eventually but lives can not. Glad to see you're still in one piece & best wishes for a speedy recovery.  

Thanks guys.  I'm really just broken up about the car.  No bones broken or anything.  Can you believe she fired right up and drove on & off the tow truck? What a champion.

That's not to say I don't have one hell of a migrane and my back is stiff as a corpse.

Edited by Luminatus

I just spent $600 on new tires and those rims are a factory option - you can't find them anywhere.  I'm letting that fucker roll out on donuts.

If I can re-bend the radiator support I think it'll be saveable.  None of the hard to find pieces are damaged.  I'd need fender, hood, radiator, headlights, bumper, maybe ac condenser.  And of course the cost for the bodyshop to rework the sheet metal.

Edited by Luminatus

For anyone interested as soon as my insurance check comes I'm going to be picking up (assuming it's not sold) a 1991 Nissan 300zx n/a with manual trans.  Pics to come probably in another thread, assuming all goes well.

For anyone interested as soon as my insurance check comes I'm going to be picking up (assuming it's not sold) a 1991 Nissan 300zx n/a with manual trans.  Pics to come probably in another thread, assuming all goes well.

That car is older then Muln, Ward, Peace, PriestChick, & Gromn.

That car is older then Muln, Ward, Peace, PriestChick, & Gromn.

I feel unloved right now

It's only 2 years younger than I am.  I can't help it, I grew up seeing cars like the 300zx, supra, 3000gt, nsx, etc. and I've always loved them.  This one looks like it's been sitting in storage for about 10 years.  It's got 100k miles on it.