Site Updates 9/25/13

Mastric

Posting some changes I'm making to the site. Post any suggestions here while I work.

• Chat Room Removed Due to Inactivity
  • Member's List Hidden, as it shows Forum Accounts and Not Guild Members
  • Some � characters fixed
  • Class Forums Removed
  • TheoryCrafting Forum Removed
  • Pinned Topics Updated
  • RBG Forum Added
  • Welcome Topic Created (Not Yet)
  • Boss Strategies Forum Added
  • World of Logs Link Added
  • Retyped Pìkachu's name for him
  • Site Skinnyed Up

We don't have a ton of people in this guild, what if the following:

Get rid of the class forums.

Get rid of the theorycrafting forum.

Have the new home for them be located in the class roles forum.

There aren't enough people who post on this site to warrant a lot of these forums.  The Warrior subforum hasn't been posted in since 2010, for example.

Actually, the whole forum structure could benefit from a good pruning. . .

Another thing worthwhile would be to have a current officer repost the guild rules and expectations / recruiting process because the current OP is listed as Friends / Family.

Delete the 2011 thread (it is pinned) for the attendance spreadsheet.

Get rid of the 2012 World of Logs thread (another pinned one).

I can keep going, but I don't want to kill you with a to do list.

Subforum for the RBG team and its hopefuls in the PVP section.

Purge any topics that haven't been posted in for over 90 days (or whatever interval).  Maybe move the old threads to a visible archive forum???

Do you think an autoprune would be useful for the forums?

http://www.atremains.com/forums/forum/9-raid-attendance/ - the sticky hasn't been updated since 2011.  This is in the Raid Attendance subforum.

http://www.atremains.com/forums/topic/2244-dkp-system-rules/ - should be updated, moved to dungeons and raids and stickied. . .a lot of the rules are out of date.

maybe a sticky for the 10man raid in dungeons and raids to serve as a single source for that raid team.

there should be a pinned topic in the dungeons and raids forum for new members (maybe - "New to the raid team" or something like that) which serves as a single source of information to get people on the ball.  it could include required addons, the TS info, officer list and specialized duties (such as held's role in the 10man).  think of it as an orientation and add stuff to it that would be context appropriate.

new subforum in dungeons in raids called "boss strategies" where someone will post individual topics to the individual strats / videos for all current bosses (normal mode only atm).  this will help facilitate the discussion of raid strats and will increase awareness and hopefully reduce the learning curve for certain fights.

Prolly check with Kalikk on that, he has access to create a forum. If he knows how.

I've always been against deleteing any data, and hate it when I go to a site and they have the 90 day filter turned on. Making the place look more barren.

Updated

Done, may need tweaks

Welcome Topic is a good idea, i'll draft somethin up

That Forum's up

make a button along the top that links directly to our World of logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/33619/

I don't like those icons, let's keep the ones we have

and on the homepage, we can replace the slideshow picture frame with a guild info / welcome post. Much like our recruitment posts, it will just give a brief over view of our guild and who we are.

Yes a sub forum for the RBG group would be nice. It will be less clutter.

No I do not really know how to create said fourms. I basically know how to create a topic and re-post. :(

I will have to get with you mastric and have you show me how to do what I need. So, I will not have to go threw you every time I need something done.

I will be posting all types of helpful stuff in the near future for anyone interested in pvp. Such as classes info, reforging, gemming, speccing. All that good stuff, so it would be nice to have a sub-forum for that and the RBG if possible. This way people can post whatever info they have that would be helpful to others and have it not be cluttered with the rest of the stuff.